Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Homework sucks!


I am done...finished with homework. I swear teachers are out to end any family life and make decent, otherwise...loving mothers turn into raving lunatics. Unrealistic, unnecessary, I dare say...noneducational amounts of homework brings out the worst in me.

My night consisted of 4th grade science, math, reading, social studies...and even PE with Rachel. Then I moved onto being a cheerleader for Alec, a totally burned out 7th grader, trying to focus on math, science, social studies, and language arts for 3 hours. Wasn't he just at school for 7 hours already today? The thing that scares me the most, is I only have a 7th and 4th grader. What is high school going to do to me?

You know what we would have done if there was "no homework today"? Alec could have gone to karate. Rachel, Amy and I could have walked to the library and finally get those books Rachel has been wanting to check out on sharks. After dinner, a peaceful dinner...with no conversation of how to best use ones time in order to complete all homework and still go to bed at a descent time for a growing 12 and 9 year old, we could have played Scrabble...a favorite Jensen game these days. We probably could have looked at Rachel's soccer pictures we took last night at her game when she scored her goal and laughed. Laugh...on a school night...nooo, who has ever heard of such a thing? Amy could have gone to bed once without hearing, "please you two...focus on your homework" 10 times that night. Oh, the things we could have done if only there was "no homework today"!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I AGREE! Homework is the worst. It stresses out my whole evening and I'm talking about first grade homework. I didn't have homework until sixth grade and I'm doing just fine.