Thursday, February 19, 2009

I love Valentine's Day!

Rachel's Valentine's Box for School
Rachel's Valentine for Mrs. Holcomb
Amy giving her Valentine to Miss Leslie


Amy with her Valentine Fruit Pizza's for Miss Leslie and Miss Stella

Growing up, Valentine's Day was a BIG DEAL. My mom loves everything about Valentine's Day...and I guess I inherited the love for the holiday from her. I enjoy giving out valentine's to all the special people in my life. We made Valentine cookies for close friends and the kids did all their cards and candies for school friends. We made fruit pizzas in cute decorated pizza boxes for the teachers. Since Grandma sent a "Christmas" size box full of Valentine stuff in it...PJ's, shirts, candies, cards, stuffed animals, etc...Steve and I decided to take the kids to a movie and lunch to celebrate the holiday.

Usually Steve plans a special valentine for me, but I told him this year I wanted to do something for him. During the week prior to Valentine's Day I gave Steve little love notes I left in his car with a goody attached. On Saturday, I sent him on a scavenger hunt with other husbands to gather special things for us wives. The end of the hunt lead them to Casa Mexico were we all met and had drinks and appetizers. Then we all headed over to the Valentine's Dinner and Dancing the Mocho Branch members were putting on for the Stake. It was really a lot of fun.