Monday, March 9, 2009

It's the Best!


Who doesn't love Costco? The food, the prices, the "stuff", and then there's that heck of a deal Costco Cafe we all enjoy after a good shopping trip. Our new find we love is the Yo plait Smoothly in a bag. Steve makes the best smoothies every morning from scratch with protein powder and all, but the kids love them for a snack after school. And of course dad's not around after school, so these little pouches of fruit and yogart that you just add milk are the bomb.

Anyway...I am getting to the reason for my post about Costco. We have never gone to Costco without seeing someone we know. And Monday was no different. We had gone over to Costco to get passport pictures for the kids, pick up some food, and of course eat at Costco Cafe...and as we were about to pick up our pizza, out of the corner of my eye I see a familiar face looking at me. All of a sudden I remember it's a Linda, from freshman year in the dorms at BYU. Oh my gosh! She is the reason I survived the dorms...hilarious! Here we stood...me from Boise, Idaho...Linda from Las Vegas, NV...20 years later from freshman dorm life...meeting up at the Livermore, Ca Costco. Like I said, Costco...it's the best!

3 comments:

roylancemommy said...

oh my gosh, that is so funny. What a random run-in!! I love the lady that welcomes you and blows kisses to the babies :) and calls them something in greek

smithfam said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You beat me to it! I was going to post about it too. I still get freaked out about it. So random. Here we have lived at the most 30 min apart and didnt even know it. I am so happy to have found you. We need to get together soon..>.:)

Emily said...

I also 'heart' costco. It's the best!