Friday, March 27, 2009

If she can do it...

Hooray for little girls. This morning...mind you it was 5:30 in the morning, Amy got up and had to go "pee". From the comfort of my warm bed, I hear the seat go up, the squeak of bare skin slide over the seat and the tinkle of a little 4 year old's stream hit the water. While I wait to hear the flushing of the toilet, in my mind I am celebrating the fact that I no longer have to jump out of bed and help run her into the bathroom to make sure she made it in time. Soooo much nicer listening than doing. Anyway, my pleasant memories were interrupted by the sound of a cupboard closing. What was that? I sit up in my bed to find Amy holding a roll of toilet paper. Her comment..."Let (just) getting more toilet paper mom." After elbowing Steve and informing him of what just happened...and tucking Amy back in bed...I climb back into bed and say to myself, "If she can do it...anyone can."

1 comment:

Emily said...

Amen. Good for you Amy.