Saturday, January 17, 2009

A tea party without cups!



The messes girls can make. Amy loves to have her "best friend" Alice over with her little sister "Janie" (really Jane, but Amy is into nicknames like her dad) to play. It usually starts with the dresses...then the jewelry...and then everything else. This particular day the girls announced from the top of stairs down to me, busy on the computer...as I always am when Amy is busy playing, "we are having a tea party". Later, after hearing much business and chatter upstairs, they announced it was time for the tea party. I climbed the stairs to find this.

I asked, "where are the cups?".

The looked at each other and then Alice said, "I'll go get them".

I think everything else from Amy's room was on that table, but the cups.

Amy, Alice and Jane finished up the morning with their own rendition of "Princess and The Pauper".

It was clearly the best tea party I have ever been to...that is...without cups.

1 comment:

Emily said...

As Alice and Janie's mom...I apologize, I totally know about the messes though. I think that's all they know how to do. I love how they like to collect everything and pile it on a table or in the hall or something so that they can see it all. It's just a BUMMER to have to put it all away.