Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas






What a Christmas. Steve and I got to bed at 2am...Alec woke up at 3:10am. I thought he went back to bed, but I guess he stayed up and watched Christmas movies until the magic hour of 7:00am. At which time we received our wake up call. Some how we finagled another 30 minutes out of them. We told them they could open all the stocking stuff. That kept them busy for awhile. Steve wanted Amy to wake up on her own, so he could hear what she had to say about her bed he made her. We had stolen her out of her bed late last night...set up the new bed...then returned her back into bed. She quietly, on her own, looked it over behind, what she thought to be a totally closed door (we were watching through the crack). Then she hopped out and joined all of us in our bedroom where we were ready to wish her a Merry Christmas. Alec, Rachel, and Amy loved all of Christmas...and were very surprised to have received their top 2 picks on their Christmas List to Santa. But, I have to say I was the one who was most surprised. Steve went way out of our agreed budget we set between each other. He got me/us a big screen TV and Blue Ray player. Naughty boy! But, I love it. In fact we decided we are going to go even bigger. We didn't think we could go any bigger than 32 incher in our room. But, I think we are going to go with a 37" or even 40". Yeah! Man we were tired of our little 20 incher. The rest of the day we spent helping the kids figure out how to use, play, or put together their new stuff. I did get to watch Batman Begins on Blue Ray...a movie I have been wanted to watch from start to finish. Our tummy's are full from all yummy Ebleskivers for breakfast and fondue for dinner...all a tradition. It was one of our more calm Christmas...at least for me.

At later conversation with Amy...

Me: "Amy, did you sleep well in your bed?" (trying to probe around about her thoughts on the her new bed)

Amy: "Oh...something wrong with my bed...come see mommy."

Me: "Okay Amy"

Amy: "See Mommy..." (Amy touching and looking over the bed)

Me: "What do you think about it?"

Amy: "I can't know" (She always says can't for don't and vise versa)

Me: "Daddy made this bed for you Amy."

Amy: (running to find Daddy...hugging him and saying) "Oh thank you Daddy, I love it"!

It's was all worth it!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow!!! When are we coming over for a movie. It looks like you had a great Christmas...and I love the Christmas Eve traditions and of course the annual 'grown-up' party is the highlight of our season. Rachel looks totally happy with her American Doll. Have a great trip back and we'll see you soon.