Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bye Bye Nibble's

Nibble's died yesterday...well maybe the day before because he was really stiff when we found him. He hadn't been eating for days, so I begin to think and get excited (don't tell Rachel) that maybe his life was coming to an end. Anyone that knows Steve and I, knows we are not pet lovers. We just can't get past all the hair...the poop...the work to see how much fun they can be. In fact, when we moved into our new house Steve offered Rachel $50 to get ride of him. Of course she didn't take him up on the offer...she loved that hamster. So, yesterday after we discovered he had past over into the next life...I tried to conceal my joy while Rachel cried her eyes out. She was so cute...as she cried and tried to catch her breath she said "I know that (sniffle) it isn't that big of deal (deep sniffle) and I really am ok (really deep sniffle) I'm just going to miss him." That's my Rachel...love her!

Nibble's and Rachel in better times!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh Trish, better days are a comin'. So funny that you are so happy. Poor Rachel.

Hmmm. It is ironic, though, isn't it? That Nibbles happened to 'die' just when you needed him to. Did you get that 50 bucks? Just wondering.

Interesting indeed.