Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fish #3

Steve and I make fish. Alec swam by 4...Rachel...by 3 1/2 and Amy at 4 1/2. By the way, my definition of swimming isn't standing in the 3ft section and playing around. I mean swimming in the deep end...diving for rings in the 6ft section...and making a good attempt of swimming a lap. Rachel was our earliest lap swimmer. The month before she turned 4 she could swim laps over and over. Maybe not with a clear freestyle...but without touching the side or the lane lines. Alec found a life long love with swimming laps. Amy swims a 1/3 of lap then needs a short break. I think it's because she doesn't have the muscles that Rachel and Alec had at her age. I'm so happy she loves it...because it is a great sport for someone with arthritis to do.

This video (filmed on my blackberry, so the quality isn't very good) is of Amy's first try at jumping off a diving board...she did over and over and over.

No comments: